Looking for a great HR of Operations for the Grand Rapids, MI area.
Purpose of the Role
This position will design and lead the talent management function for the overall organization and serve as the Human Resources Business Partner for our corporate functions (e.g. IT, Accounting, Legal, Marketing).
This position works as a key member of the Corporate Human Resources Leadership Team. Creating and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders including Agency Partner (Regional) HR Business Partners and leaders of the corporate functions (e.g. finance, accounting, marketing, IT).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes effective talent management programs and processes including
o Facilitate talent selection, recruitment, onboarding,
o Create and manage performance management programs and
o Design and consult on engagement activities to ensure the organization is adding and retaining the best group of talented individuals:
- Act as a consultant to corporate leaders; identify and address root causes of HR issues and implement effective solutions. Provide guidance, counsel and policy interpretation to corporate leaders on a range of simple to complex HR issues.
- Provide coaching and feedback on how to improve individual and team performance to meet strategic and tactical goals and objectives.
- Identify, create and facilitate training and development programs to meet the needs of the entire organization and/or to specific functional areas.
- Establish and foster an environment of open communication and problem resolution between all levels of positions.
- Monitor and assure compliance with employment laws and HR policies
- Assist with the analysis of exit interviews, turnover data, surveys, and other information, to make recommendations based upon identified problems to improve retention.
- Remain informed of developing human resource trends and legislation and of developing internal human resource needs.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and counsel to Talent Management team members.
- Passionate about creating success for both our Partners and the overall Customer organization
- Must be analytical, organized, and detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proven problem solver requiring minimal assistance.
- Proven collaborative leader consistently demonstrating teamwork, a high level of enthusiasm, keen sense of urgency and sustained effort to achieve department goals and objectives
- Demonstrate excellent time management, organization and workload prioritization skills to meet deadlines.
- Travel up to 20% of the time.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resource Management, or similar discipline or the recognized equivalent in education and experience
- Current PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP designation or equivalent is required
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in HR required with a talent management and talent acquisition background preferred.
- 5 years of experience building a talent practice and programs as a consultant (internal or external)
- 5 years of experience working in a decentralized business model or as an external consultant.
- Experience with HRIS, ATS and talent management systems
If interested please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org