Looking for a Business Development Specialist located in Hastings, MI.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Business Development Specialist supports Customer aggressive growth initiative through identifying customer’s needs, evaluating prospective strategic partnerships, and identifying under served market opportunities. Working across multiple departments, the Business Development Specialist will help with business case development and lead the field research exploration needed to determine what new opportunities to pursue. They will utilize Voice of Customer and Product Development Process tools to drive market intelligence back to the Marketing, Sales, Engineering, and R&D teams. They must be comfortable in a sales setting, and willing and able to be creative when it comes to forming strategic partnerships. They will support Marketing and the Business Units by driving qualitative and quantitative data to help Customer make the right investment decisions. They will identify opportunities to differentiate Customer product offering, and support Customer Engineering & R&D team in the development of world-class products. This could also include, but is not limited to:
• Meet with valued customers to find pain-points and product innovation opportunities.
• Work with sales team to understand customer’s unique needs.
• Conduct market due diligence and solicitation of input of key thought leaders.
• Support Marketing and Business Units in Business Case Development.
• Prepare or cooperate in the preparation of sales forecast and in development of projected budgets.
• Evaluate new markets for potential diversification opportunities with current technologies.
• Identify strategic relationship opportunities like partnerships, private label, or acquisition targets.
• Work with sales team to identify adjacencies and solve our customer’s problems.
• Multi-task many projects and work with Director to prioritize projects.
• Evaluate unique needs of domestic and global regions.
• Anticipate Market and technology trends and evaluate strategic fit.
• Bachelor’s degree in business with an emphasis in marketing or related discipline.
• Experienced Working with Sales Team.
• Opportunity Analysis Skills.
• Voice of Customer Experience & New Market Field Research Experience.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational skills, and computer skills.
• Demonstrated Effective Social Skills.
• Extensive Field Experience
• Strategic, creative, and capable of understanding technical concepts/products.
• 5+ years related Business Development and/or Sales & Marketing experience.
• Must be willing to travel up to 50%.
If you are interested, please e-mail me at email@example.com.